Friday, October 17, 2014

Tulips ... photo and paint.. 30 Day Art Challenge

Again, this year I entered the 30 Day Art Challenge. I have to complete 30 8x10 canvas boards within 30 days.  The Art who will take place at the Pioneer Square Art walk on December 4th. It is an unburied show with over 3000 canvasses!

I love taking photos at the Skagit Valley Tulip festival every spring.  For this project, I selected an 8X10 canvas board. the background started with papers and tissues that I added with a Golden Gel medium.  I added a layer of blue acrylic paint..  The bottom third of the canvas I painted a couple shades of green.



I cut the photo of the tulips into sections.  The largest tulip I cut out to add last.
Two sections of the tulips were glued on the canvas. 
Then I painted the tulips across the canvass at the horizon line.



The leaves and stalks were added next.  
The large tulip was then added. 



The last touch was a tulip bud that I had cut out of the photo.  From a distance it is hard to tell the photograph from the painting of the tulips.

No comments:

Post a Comment